Decree of General Office of CPC Dongcheng District Committee
Trail Measures of Dongcheng District on Promoting Cultural Originality Industry Development
In order to speed up the development of the cultural originality industry of Dongcheng District and to promote economic development in a sound and rapid manner, pursuant to the policy of “Some Measures of Beijing Municipality on Encouraging Cultural Originality Industry” and related policies and rules of Dongcheng District, we hereby formulated this decree with reference to local practical situation of Dongcheng District.
Article I The District government shall formulate and publicize the policy entitled as “Catalogue for the Guidance of Cultural Originality Industry of Dongcheng District” and identify the industries and areas which needs key supports. The following so-called cultural originality industries or projects refer to the key industries and areas identified in the “Catalogue for the Guidance of Cultural Originality Industries of Dongcheng District”.
Ariticle II For newly moved-in cultural originality enterprises, if any of them makes contributions of no less than RMB250,000 to the District financial revenue, 50% of its contributions shall be returned to the enterprise within two years for supporting the technical transformation and technological innovation, plus taxation preference in line with the favorable policies of both state and Beijing Municipality. The cultural originality enterprises which also meet the supporting requirements of “Encouraging Measures of Dongcheng District on Facilitating Development of Leading Industries” shall be only allowed to enjoy either policy preference of them subject to their choice.
Article III Within a period of 3 years starting from January 1st, 2008, Dongcheng District Government shall arrange a special fund totaling up to RMB 50 million to financially support the cultural originality industry development. The beneficiary enterprises moved in Dongcheng District will enjoy those aids in a variety of forms such as reward, counterparty fund, allowance, subsidy etc.
1. For those cultural originality enterprises which obtain national prizes or titles, a one-off reward worth RMB 100,000 to 200,000 shall be granted. For those enterprises having obtained municipality-level prizes or titles, a one-off reward of 50,000 to 100,000 shall goes to them.
2. For those research and development projects of small and medium-sized cultural originality enterprises listed into any supporting plan on cultural originality industry development of the state or the municipality, counterparty fund at the proportion of 1: 0.5 shall be granted with a maximum of RMB 1 million for each project.
3. For those newly moved-in cultural originality enterprises which buy office buildings for self-usage, an annual subsidy of 1% of the amount of the total buying price shall be granted for five years. For those newly moved-in cultural originality enterprises which operate by renting offices and make contributions of RMB 250,000 or more to District financial revenue, an annual renting subsidy of 50% of the contributions of the same year shall be granted to the enterprises. However, the total sum of annual subsidy shall not go beyond the yearly rent. The cultural originality enterprises which also meet the supporting requirements of “Encouraging Measures of Dongcheng District on Facilitating Development of Leading Industries” shall be only allowed to enjoy either policy preference of them subject to their choice.
4. The District government shall support and guide guarantee agencies to provide financing guarantee for small and medium-sized cultural originality enterprises and encourage financial institutions residing in Dongcheng district to conduct pilot operations of pledge of intellectual property rights for cultural originality enterprises. For those guarantee companies providing loan guarantee for small and medium-sized cultural originality enterprises, Dongcheng District government shall grant those companies subsidy up to 2% of the total sum of the loan guarantee with a maximum of RMB 500,000.
5. For interest accrued from the loan for the small and medium-sized cultural originality enterprises, a fiscal interest deduction totaling up to 50% of the interest accrued shall be granted with a maximum of RMB 500,000.
6. For those small and medium-sized cultural originality enterprises or projects, if any of them is evaluated to develop with great potentials by professional intermediary agencies which are entrusted by Office for Promoting Cultural Originality Industry, a reward worth RMB 50,000 to 200,000 shall be granted.
7. The District government shall step up the efforts in protecting intellectual property rights of the cultural originality enterprises and to build up a platform of providing public services for comprehensive copyrights-related matters. To encourage cultural originality enterprises with achievement from independent innovation to apply and register relevant legal rights in a timely manner and expense for cultural originality enterprises occurring in application for relevant intellectual property rights shall be supported financially.
8. The District government shall guide and normalize Accumulation Area construction of cultural originality industry aiming at providing favorable conditions and environment for the development of resident enterprises of cultural originality industry. Depending on the total sum of the contributions to Dongcheng District financial revenue by cultural originality enterprises in the Accumulation Area, an annual reward totaling up to 10% of the contributions shall be granted to the Accumulation Area relevant departments for 3 years with a maximum of RMB 500,000 aiming at building a platform of providing public services for development of the cultural originality industry.
9. The District government shall support colleges and universities, vocational institutes and training agencies, in cooperation with resident enterprises, to jointly build bases of talents cultivation for cultural originality industry. The government shall also support those bases with certain resources for acceleration of cultivating and training talents good at creativity, research and development, operation and management, marketing and brokerage. For those who receive a senior (or the same level) qualification certificate in the government recognized cultural originality industry talents cultivation bases and work in the cultural originality enterprises in Dongcheng District, a certain sum of training subsidy from the Industry Development Fund shall be granted to the training base.
Article IV The products and services arise from independent innovation of the cultural originality enterprises in Dongcheng district shall be on priority selection on even ground when the government procurement of the Dongcheng district on cultural originality products and services occurs.
Article V The Dongcheng District relevant departments shall implement relevant policies of Zhongguancun Science and Technology Park and encourage all domestic and overseas agencies on originality, manufacturing, brokerage, marketing to cooperate with cultural originality enterprises in Dongcheng district. In particular, those cooperation shall aim at making exporting products and services of both high technological content and capital intensified for a better international marketing.
Article VI For those cultural originality enterprises which would like to build their headquarters at a certain scale in Dongcheng district, given the importance on possible economic benefits, the Dongcheng District shall provide priority support on site selection for enterprises’ office building.
Article VII For newly moved-in cultural originality enterprises which has great influence both in China and abroad or play a strategic driving role for the development of Yonghe Science and Technology Park, the Dongcheng District government shall follow the principle of “one project one discussion” in deciding the subsidy sum and money source.
Article VIII For the reward policies for those cultural originality enterprises and owners which has already paid tax in Dongcheng district and made contributions to the District fiscal revenue, the “Encouraging Measures of Dongcheng District on Facilitating Development of Leading Industries” shall be implemented as reference.
Article IX For those cultural originality enterprises which meet the requirements of Dongcheng District Greencard Enterprises, the relevant government departments shall provide services on children enrollment at compulsory education period, easy access for hospital services for senior managers and experts, talent introduction, social security, fitness by exercise, etc.
The definition of the newly resided-in enterprises which includes newly-established and newly moved-in enterprises is as follows: newly-established enterprises refer to those registered in Dongcheng District Industrial and Commercial Department and completed registration for national taxation, local taxation and statistics. Newly moved-in enterprises refer to those originally registered and operated outside Dongcheng District and afterwards moved in, and completed registration for industry and commerce, national taxation and local taxation and statistics. Both enterprises of the two types are subject to the identification of Dongchneg District Administration Service Center.
Article XI Dongcheng District Commission of Development and Reform shall be responsible for the interpretation of the Decree.
Article XII With regard to the Trail Measures’ implementing details, management measures of using special fund for cultural originality industry, management measures of identifying cultural originality accumulation areas and cultural originality enterprises listed as key support catalogue, all shall be studied and worked out by Dongcheng District Cultural Originality Industry Promotion Office.
Article XIII The Decree shall be on trail implementation on the date of issuance.