Foreign Citizens with a need to extend their stay in Beijing for personal reasons not specified in other visa application procedures.
B. Application Documents
1. Passport with Current visa
2. Residence Registration Certificate for Beijing
3. Entry visa/Resident Permit Application Form
4. A recent 2-inch photo with pale blue background
5. Diagnosis by hospitals at the municipal level for patients under medication in Beijing
6. Diagnosis by hospitals at the municipal level of the patient for his accompanying family members
7. Entrance Examination Permit for foreign students applying for admission into Chinese universities
8. Other documents certifying the personal reason for an extension of stay in Beijing for applicants with such needs
C. Term of Validity
A visa with 0/single entry for a maximum duration of 3 months can be granted in such circumstances.
D. Time for Approval
Approval upon submission of requisite documents will take 5 workdays, which does not include Saturday when applications are collected.
E. Office Hours
08:30 - 16:30 Monday through to Saturday.
F. Address of Our Office
2 Andingmen Avenue (East), Dongcheng District, Beijing (Southeast of BeiXiaoJie Bridge, 2nd Ring Road).
Public transportation: BeiXiaoJie HuoKou Stop by Bus 44, 13, 116, 807, 117, 2special (Te-Er), or Lama Temple Station by Underground Line 2.
G. Visa Rates
Please refer to [Visa Rates for Countries on Reciprocal Treaties], [Visa Fee Rate for Countries not on Reciprocal Treaties], and [Fee Regulations (2003) 392] promulgated by State Planning Board and Ministry of Finance.
H. Information Desk
Telephone: +86-10-8402 0101, or Visit our webpage for information about entry visa or Resident Permit application procedures at www.bjgaj.gov.cn.
I. Customer Service Line