Foreign students studying in Beijing.
B. Application Documents
1. Passport with Current visa
2. Residence Registration Certificate in Beijing
3. Entry visa/Resident Permit Application Form with hosting school's stamp
4. A recent 2-inch photo with pale blue background
5. Original of Health check-up report by Chinese Quarantine for foreign citizens over (including) 18 in case of first-time application as foreign student for Resident Permit
6. Enrolling school's letter such as "Admission Confirmation" specifying the duration of validity for the Resident Permit
7. "Admission Confirmation" by the enrolling school together with JW201 or JW202 for foreign citizens who have entered China on an L or F visa
C. Term of Validity
Term of validity for Resident Permit is granted in accordance with the duration of study in China, to be determined on the basis of final decision by the school in case of discrepancy between that specified in the Admission Confirmation and the earlier school letter.
D. Time for Approval
Approval upon submission of requisite documents will take 5 workdays, which does not include Saturday when applications are collected.
E. Office Hours
08:30 - 16:30 Monday through to Saturday.
F. Address of Our Office
2 Andingmen Avenue (East), Dongcheng District, Beijing (Southeast of BeiXiaoJie Bridge, 2nd Ring Road).
Public transportation: BeiXiaoJie HuoKou Stop by Bus 44, 13, 116, 807, 117, 2special (Te-Er), or Lama Temple Station by Underground Line 2.
G. Visa/Resident Permit Rates
Please refer to [Visa Rates for Countries on Bilateral Treaties], [Visa Fee Rate for Countries not on Bilateral Treaties], and [Fee Regulations (2003) 392] promulgated by State Planning Board and Ministry of Finance.
H. Information Desk
Telephone: +86-10-8402 0101, or Visit our webpage for information about entry visa or Resident Permit application procedures at www.bjgaj.gov.cn.
I. Customer Service Line