Visiting Foreign Journalists and their accompanying family members who have entered China on a J-1 visa
B. Application Documents
1. Passport with Current visa
2. Residence Registration Certificate in Beijing
3. Entry visa/Resident Permit Application Form with Resident News Agency's Chop
4. A recent 2-inch photo with pale blue background
5. Journalist Licence issued by the News Depart ment of Foreign Affairs Ministry
6. Original of Health check-up report by Chinese
Quarantine for foreign citizens over (including)
18 in case of first-time application for Resident Permit
7. Resident Permit, or Journalist Licence of the working journalist together with an Application Letter by the Resident News Agency
8. Marriage certificate for accompanying spouse
9. Kinship certificate for accompanying children or parents
10. Application Letter by the News Department of Foreign Affairs Ministry or Foreign Affairs Office of Beijing Municipal Government for journalists holding a J-2 visa to be converted to resident journalists.
Note: Photocopies and the originals are required of the above listed documents; whilst notarisation by the local Chinese Consulates is required for certificates issued abroad.
C. Term of Validity
A 12-month valid Resident Permit will be granted.
D. Time for Approval
Approval upon submission of requisite document, will take 5 workdays, which does not includE Saturday when applications are collected.
E. Office Hours 08:30 - 16:30 Monday through to Saturday
F. Address of Our Office
2 Andingmen Avenue (East), Dongcheng District, Beijing (Southeast of BeiXiaoJie Bridge, 2nd Ring Road)
Public transportation: BeiXiaoJie HuoKou Stop by Bus 44, 13, 116, 807, 117, 2special (Te-Er), or Lama Temple Station by Underground Line 2
G. Visa/Resident Permit Rates
Please refer to [Visa Rates for Countries or Bilateral Treaties], [Visa Fee Rate for Countries not on Bilateral Treaties], and [Fee Regulation: (2003) 392] promulgated by State Planning Board and Ministry of Finance.
H. Information Desk
Telephone: 86 - 10 - 8402 0101, or Visit our webpage for information about entry visa or Resident Permit application procedures at www.bjgaj.gov.cn.
I. Customer Service Line
Telephone: 86 - 10 - 84015300