1.Senior Consultants invited/employed by provincial or ministerial organisations, or high-tech personnel/senior executives on state or provincial level talent exchange programmes, major engineering projects, or science and technology cooperation projects signed between Central Government or Beijing Municipal Government and foreign entities.
2. People who have made major contribution to the economic and cultural development of China or Beijing, or aid workers for governmental charity programmes to other nations.
3. Science and Research Leaders employed by state or provincial academic/science research institutions, or major educational institutions; major science/academic researchers above associate professor/fellow researcher or equivalent level.
4. Senior executives and key discipline technical personnel with organisations or enterprises above deputy general manager or equivalent level.
5. Investors with over US$3million investment in Beijing, foreign companies satisfying aforesaid qualifications, or management/technical personnel relocated to China by other economy entities/ organizations.
6. Major International Science Prize winner Chinese holding foreign citizenship as well as such other outstanding and influential Chinese.
7. Spouse and children under 18 of above personnel.
B. Application Documents
1. Passport with Current visa
2. Residence Registration Certificate in Beijing
3. Entry visa/Resident Permit Application Form with employer's company chop
4. A recent 2-inch photo with pale blue background
5. Application Letter by top competent authorities to Beijing Municipal Administration of Entry & Exit
6. Copy of Foreign Expert Certificate issued by State Foreign Expert Bureau, its affiliates, or Beijing Municipal Foreign Affairs Office, or Returnees Work/Resident Card issued by Beijing Personnel Bureau,
7. Copy of Resident Permit of the Investor; Incorporation Approval Certificate; currently audited Business Licence; Employment Permit issued by Beijing Municipal Labour & Social Welfare Bureau
8. Original of Health check-up report by Chinese Quarantine for foreign citizens over (including) 18 in case of first-time application for Resident Permit
9. Passport and Resident Permit of the working expatriate, or an Application Letter by the employer
10. Marriage certificate for accompanying spouse
11. Kinship certificate for accompanying children or parents
C. Term of Validity
Resident Permit can be granted for a duration of between 2 to 5 years subject to the validity of holder's passport.
D. Time for Approval
Approval upon submission of requisite documents will take 5 workdays, which does not include Saturday when applications are collected.
E. Office Hours
08:30 - 16:30 Monday through to Saturday.
F. Address of Our Office
2 Andingmen Avenue (East), Dongcheng District, Beijing (Southeast of BeiXiaoJie Bridge, 2nd Ring Road).
Public transportation: BeiXiaoJie HuoKou Stop by Bus 44, 13, 116, 807, 117, 2special (Te-Er), or Lama Temple Station by Underground Line 2.
G. Visa/Resident Permit Rates
Please refer to [Visa Rates for Countries on Bilateral Treaties], [Visa Fee Rate for Countries not on Bilateral Treaties], and [Fee Regulations (2003) 392] promulgated by State Planning Board and Ministry of Finance.
H. Information Desk
Telephone: +86-10-8402 0101, or Visit our webpage for information about entry visa or Resident Permit application procedures at www.bjgaj.gov.cn.
I. Customer Service Line